- Custom-made to hug your staircase. We precisely measure your stairs then make a stairlift to fit it perfectly. This ensures that the stairlift takes up the least room possible.
- Reliable battery power. The Sarum recharges itself when parked, using very little power and ensuring that the stairlift is always available for use (even during an extended power outage).
- Easy folding. A lever placed conveniently on the side of the chair may be used to fold up the footrest. This avoids the need to bend over when folding the chair, which makes the chair safer to use, especially at the top of the stairs.
- Swivel seat. At the top of the stairs the chair may be swiveled to face the top landing. In this position the back of the chair acts as a barrier across the stairs.
- A choice of seat-belt styles (including a five-point harness for children).
- Durable upholstery. The Sarum has practical vinyl upholstery - strong and easily cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Stannah has the best testing process in the industry. All Stannah stairlifts are tested at full load for the equivalent of 10 years of use, and the motor/gearbox is tested for the equivalent of 20 years. This is a robust stairlift designed to serve you well.
Hover over a color-swatch to change the seat color
Roeburn (dark red with a light grey fleck)
Please ask to see a color swatch - computer monitors often display colors incorrectly.
Dimensions measured from the wall are nominal - the addition of a wide baseboard or similar obstruction may affect the dimensions
taken from this point. The dimensions are accurate, but you should add 1" clearance for the user.
- Weight limit: 265lbs. (For a higher rated-load, see the Starla chair.)
- Minimum stair width: about 29". (The stairlift takes up less, but you need room for the users' knees)
- Distance between armrests: 19"
- Depth of seat cushion: 15"
- Minimum seat height from floor: 22¼" at bottom landing; 18¼" at top landing;
- Maximum seat height from floor: 27"
- Space needed at the bottom of the stairs: about 27" in front of first step (but chair can be folded and sent up the stairs when not in use)
- Folded width from wall: 15.5"
- Minimum rail protrusion at bottom landing: about 12", but a 90° or 180° turn-and-park is often used to park the chair away from the stairs
- Rail protrusion at top landing: typically none, unless a horizontal finish is chosen to park the chair on the top landing
- Diameter of rail: 1¾
- Distance of rail from baseboard: usually between 6" and 7½"
- Speed: about 18'/minute (so about 50 seconds to ride up a typical staircase)
- Remotes: two, one for each landing, infra-red wireless (like a TV remote, fewer buttons!)
- Battery life - stairlift: typically 3-5 years
- Battery life - remotes: typically 1-2 years depending on use. 3 'AA' batteries per remote
- Service interval: annual service is recommended by Stannah and by American Society of Mechanical Engineers code
- User maintenance required: none, but a wipe down with a damp cloth is OK for cleaning
- Standard safety devices:
- Seat belt: retractable seat-belt
- Over-speed governor: required in public buildings, so we fit one to all our stairlifts
- Safety sensors: on the footrest and both sides of chair, to stop the stairlift if it touches an obstruction
- Key lock: under one armrest
- Available options:
- Starla chair upgrade
- Powered swivel seat - allows the user to swivel the seat while standing away from the top of the stairs
- Footrest fold-button
- Upholstery colors: 5 (see 'Colors' tab)